Tips, tricks, and hacks are the way that I live my life. So if there’s a beauty hack then I want to know about it.
- Perfume: Some scents will last all day while others may last 5 minutes. To make your scent last, spray it in your hair, behind the ears, inside the elbow, down your back, behind the knees, and in your belly button.
- Deodorant is king. Deodorant isn’t only for keeping you smelling great, but it also helps with rubbing. Rub between your legs to avoid chaffing while wearing shorts or a dress and rub on the heels of your feet and anywhere else your shoes may rub. It’s a lifesaver!
- Use a blending sponge (BeautyBlender) in a rolling motion to smooth out foundation and create a natural look, instead of blotchy.
- Don’t have oil blotting papers on you, but find yourself in a public restroom? It sounds strange but toilet seat covers can be used to blot oil on your face.
- Having trouble finding the perfect foundation? Test foundation shades on your neck instead of your face, since your face is more exposed to sun and breakouts. This will help you find your perfect shade.
- Apply your foundation before concealer. When you apply foundation first, you won’t have to use as much concealer to conceal!
- In need of a toner, but don’t feel like running to the store? Run instead to your kitchen cabinets and grab apple cider vinegar. This vinegar can be used as a facial toner among other things.
- Do you have oily skin? Then choose to skip the shimmer and glitter. This will only draw more attention to your skin. Instead opt for matte shades and a matte primer to help set your makeup.
- Prone to frizzy hair? Try drying your campy hair with an old t-shirt. The cotton in the shirt will help remove excess water and leave your hair less frizzy than a terry-cloth towel.
- Have phone will travel. Use the light from your cell phone to test out makeup in different lighting.
Note: All thoughts, opinions, and photos are our own! We were happy to collaborate and have this article featured on Empowering Queens!